Cooling down from the summertime heat can be fun with a backyard pool or a trip to the local public pool. But, what starts out as a fun summer pastime can end up being a dangerous, even deadly, outing if basic pool safety is not followed.
Just take a look as these staggering facts regarding water safety:
- Drowning is the leading cause of death for children ages 1-2
- Drowning is the second leading cause of death for children ages 3-6
- In 2013 the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) noted that 200 children ages 1-14 died in pools and spas
- It only takes two minutes for child to loose consciousness
- There are approximately 800 spinal cord injuries from diving annually (1/4 related to pool incidents)
So how do you keep your loved ones from being a part of those staggering statistics? Listen in as Kevin King discusses pool safety on People’s Law Talk.
For more information and resources on pool safety design visit the National Safety Council and the CPSC‘s websites.
Want to hear more talks from Peter and Kevin King? Tune into WCIS 1010 AM Columbus, IN the first and third Friday of every month for People’s Law Talk.